General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR – Board Training
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) comes into force in May 2018. Is your organisation up to speed on what this means for the way you handle its personal data?
Do you and your management team understand its implications and your obligations?
About this course
This 90 minute training course provides the information board members and senior managers need to know to help ensure their organisation is not penalised for non-compliance with the GDPR.
The course provides advice on data protection legislation, explains what an organisation needs to do in order to be GDPR compliant and what the potential penalties are if data protection training is not followed.
This course contains the following 3 modules:
- Introduction and Background
- Sanctions, Remedies and Liabilities
- Steps to Compliance
This data protection training course is ideal for you if you’re a board member or part of the senior management team in a business, public sector organisation or indeed any other organisation that handles personal data.
A working knowledge of GDPR is beneficial to anyone who comes into contact with personal data, and this course is one of four options tailored for personal data-handling organisations in any situation.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- GDPR and the new Data Protection Act
- The key differences between the current data protection regime and the new one
- The primary aim of the new legislation
- Who the legislation applies to and how they will be affected
- The top five implications for organisations in the UK
- How fines are determined and how to minimise them
- The investigative and corrective powers of supervisory authorities
- The judicial remedies against data controllers & data processors
- The 13 steps every organisation to take to help ensure GDPR compliance
No Reviews found for this course.