Mental Capacity Act with Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
This is The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) with Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) elearning course. Undertaking this course will give you an awareness of the importance of the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and what impact they have on providing care and support for vulnerable individuals.
By the end of this e-learning module, you will have an understanding of the following learning outcomes:
- What the Mental Capacity Act is and how has it impacted the area of mental health and decision making capacity
- The ways in which individuals can be supported to make decisions
- What a capacity assessment is and how to carry one out
- What a best interests decision is and the important factors that need to be considered when making best interests decisions
- What constitutes a ‘reasonable belief’ when making a best interests decision
- Why best interest decisions and capacity assessment should be recorded and the importance of this
- When it is important to carry out a formal capacity assessment and why it is required
- What do when a best interests decision is challenged
- What Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) are and how they protect vulnerable individuals
- What a Deprivation of Liberty standard authorisation is and the process of how an application is made
- The importance of supervising bodies and the role that assessments have in ensuring a deprivation of liberty is legal and necessary.
Enter full description of the course.
No Reviews found for this course.