About the course
Everyone wants to work in an environment in which they feel safe and supported, and in which the potential for conflict is understood and managed properly.
This course aims to enable all employees to make their contribution to establishing a workplace culture in which negative conflict becomes unacceptable without stifling the creative conflict of ideas that drives organisations forward.
You will be able to…
- Define ‘conflict in the workplace’ and ‘work-related violence’
- Recognise the signals of both aggressive and non-aggressive behaviour
- Outline the categories of assault, including common assault, ABH and GBH
- Summarise the techniques and strategies you can use to defuse anger and aggression
- Effectively use active listening and other communication techniques when resolving conflict
- Utilise the six steps to managing workplace conflict
- Outline the stages of conflict resolution between both individuals and groups
- Prevent future conflict by addressing common action points during or after periods of conflict
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass