When the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) comes into force in May 2018, your organisation will be liable for hefty fines if it doesn’t comply.
If you’re responsible for building and implementing the policies around operations which process data, you need this course.
About this course
This seven-module, comprehensive data protection course provides practical advice to staff who are responsible for processing personal data and executing data protection measures within their organisation in line with GDPR compliance requirements.
This GDPR training course contains modules covering definitions and principles, individual rights, consent and other conditions for processing, information privacy notices, breach management and the notifications and steps to data protection legislation compliance – it’s a one-stop shop for policy professionals.
This course contains the following 7 modules:
- Introduction and Background
- Definitions and Principles
- Individual Rights
- Consent and Other Conditions for Processing
- Information (Privacy) Notices
- Breach Management and Notification
- Steps to Compliance
This data compliance course is intended for all staff in an organisation who are responsible for implementing and executing GDPR-compliant technical and non-technical policies, processes and procedures.
If you are designing your processes, applying GDPR across your operations or reviewing GDPR as it applies to your business, this is the ideal course for you.
It is one of four GDPR training options which we have tailored for personal data-handling organisations in any situation.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- GDPR and the new Data Protection Act
- The key differences between the current data protection regime and the new one
- What the accountability principle is
- The roles and responsibilities of a Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- What rights people have over the processing of their data and the grounds for the exercising of these rights
- What information needs to be provided to a data subject
- How to respond to subject access requests and other requests from individuals
- The definition of consent and how to obtain valid consent
- The penalties for getting consent wrong
- The legal ways to process data
- What organisations should do to help prevent breaches
- What to do in the event of a breach